Time for THE Talk?
Many parents find it difficult to talk with their children about sex.
These tips from the American Academy of Pediatrics may make “the talk” a little easier:
– Be prepared. Practice what you plan to say.
– Be honest. Let your teen know that information about sex should come from you.
– Listen. Give your teen a chance to talk and ask questions.
– Try to strike a balance. While teens need privacy, they also need information and guidance.
– Ask for help. If you just can’t do it alone, ask your pediatrician, a trusted aunt or uncle, or a member of the clergy for help.