Summer Camp Magic is Open Less Than 3 Hours Away
As our communities slowly reopen, many parents are eager to find opportunities for their children to get active, socialize and have fun.
Though many summer camps across the Triangle will remain closed again this summer, the YMCA of Greater Charlotte will continue to operate its two Overnight Camps less than three hours away from Raleigh.
The Y Has Really Stepped Up Their Safety Measures
- Facility Sanitation: The Y has hired extra staff to perform thorough cleaning of their facilities. They will disinfect every item that campers are going to share between each use.
- Coronavirus Training for Staff: Every staff member participates in coronavirus-specific training during their 30-hour training plan.
- Frequent Camper Health Checks: Campers will be monitored when they first get to camp and each day after that.
- Personal Protective Equipment: All staff will wear face covers when indoors and when six feet of distance isn’t possible outdoors.
- Handwashing Stations: Handwashing stations have been installed all around Camp Thunderbird and Camp Harrison.
While Camp May Look Different, it Will Still be a Blast!
Although the location and activities will look different for your camper, they’ll still form deep bonds, explore the outdoors and have exciting experiences this summer!
Campers at YMCA Camp Thunderbird get to experience outdoor adventure in an inclusive environment. Their action-packed two-mile shoreline is the perfect backdrop for activities like:
- Water Skiing & Wakeboarding
- Paddle Sports
- Horseback Riding
At YMCA Camp Harrison, campers discover their best self and enjoy God’s creation in the mountains of North Carolina. Set on over 2,000 acres of land, streams and trails, campers get to experience activities like:
- Mountain Biking
- Target Sports
- Adventure Hiking
Give your kids the chance to unplug this summer. Whether they’re on a rope course, playing tennis, creating art, cruising on a sailboat, performing for their friends, taking a swim or sitting around a campfire, they’ll safely experience the magic of summer.