Ravioli with Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce
In a rush to get dinner on the table? Combine a few fresh ingredients with high-quality convenience items to quickly prepare this elegant pasta dish created by Marguerite Cleveland of Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, and printed in “The Southern Living Community Cookbook” by Sheri Castle. Serves 4-6.
1 20-ounce package of refrigerated four-cheese ravioli
1 16-ounce jar of sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
2 tablespoon of white wine
2 cups of finely diced fresh tomatos or 1 14.5-ounce can of petite diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1?3 cup (3 ounces) of shredded Parmesan cheese
Garnish: thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
1. Prepare the ravioli according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, pour the Alfredo sauce into a large saucepan.
3. Pour the wine into the sauce jar; cover it tightly, shake well and stir the wine into the sauce. (The alcohol will cook out.)
4. Stir in the tomatoes and chopped basil. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
5. Drain the pasta, add it to the sauce mixture and stir gently to coat the pasta.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Photo and recipe provided by Southern Living.