PNC Arena Adopts 'Clear Bag Policy' for All Events
The security policy is effective Sept. 18, 2019, for all PNC Arena events, including hockey, basketball, concerts and family shows
PNC Arena will be implementing a clear bag policy effective Sept. 18, 2019, for all arena events, including hockey, basketball, concerts, family shows and more to ensure the safety and comfort of arena attendees and expedite entry into the arena. The clear bag policy is not new to the sports and entertainment industry and continues to be a growing trend across the country to increase public safety. A clear bag allows for a more efficient bag check and reduces faulty bag searches.
Here are key points regarding the new policy:
- Acceptable bags are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” in size. Also accepted are one-gallon clear plastic storage bags, and non-transparent small clutch purses or wallets that are no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”.
- Diaper bags are permitted when accompanied by a child. These bags will be searched and tagged.
- Exceptions are typically granted for medically necessary items and breast pumps after proper inspection. These bags will be searched and tagged.
- Guests will not be permitted to bring prohibited bags into the arena. Guests will be asked to return prohibited items to their vehicle or transfer their belongings to an approved clear bag prior to entering.
- Guests can continue to carry items such as keys, phones, wallets, etc. on their person or in an approved bag.
- All other security measures will remain in place for further screening of all guests entering PNC Arena, including bag screening, walk-through metal detectors and canine teams.
Image from pncarena.com
Contact Guest Services at 919.861.CARE (919.861.2273) for more information, additional questions, or concerns.