Marbles Kids Museum Unveils Outdoors Theme
A new theme has landed at Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh (201 E. Hargett St.). Marbles Outdoor Adventures injects the sights and sounds of the natural world throughout the site.
The exhibition and station changes correspond with a new film atMarbles’ IMAX theater: “Into America’s Wild 3D” takes viewers inside the landscapes found across North America, from the Appalachian Trail to the Alaskan wilds. Upcoming showings of “Into America’s Wild 3D” arrive June 12-13 (11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.); June 16-18 (11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.); June 19 (11 p.m. and 3 p.m.); and June 20 (11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m.).
One of the new interactive stations is the Roaring Rapids, in which kids suit up and inhabit an actual raft for both imaginative play and education on water safety and equipment. Among the others: displays on animals you’ll find in the wild; a chance to stop by the ranger station in River Playway, and the ongoing Hit the Trail area, with camping and kayaking play. You can also add some bling and decor to your water bottle in the Art Loft area. (And remember to hydrate with it, too.)
Groups like Piedmont Wildlife Center will also be visiting Marbles on select weekends to provide further educational opportunities for visitors. The complete schedule of visits, which are included with admission:
Saturday, June 12 (12 p.m.-3 p.m.)
- Piedmont Wildlife Center (“Meet some of their animal ambassadors from 11am-1pm.”)
- Triangle Rock Club (“Learn the basics of rock climbing with a chance to test out a harness.”)
- South Wake Conservationist (“Explore how nature makes you feel.”)
- North Carolina State Parks (“Discover what it’s like to be a park ranger and the uniform and tools required.”)
Friday, June 18 (11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.)
- Triangle Land Conservancy (“Create and decorate pollinator hotels & bee baths and learn how to gain a Triangle Explorer Badge.”)
Saturday, June 19 (12 p.m.-3 p.m.)
- Get Going NC (“Learn about hiking gear & preparation and how to explore short hikes in the Triangle.”)
- Marbles’ extended summer hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Wed-Sun, with a member hour 9 a.m.-10 a.m. Masks and pre-booked tickets are still required, at $9 for kids, adults, and seniors.