Make a Colorful Valentine's Day Wreath
Valentine Mesh Wreath
• 21-inch roll of mesh ribbon in pink or red
• 16-inch wire wreath frame
• 8-10 pipe cleaners (then cut in half)
• Optional ribbon or other embellishments
This is a simple wreath for parent and child to create together. Hang it on any door for a lovely way to celebrate Valentine's Day!
NOTE: Since mesh ribbon tends to catch on other fabrics, it's best to wear short sleeves and use a smooth work surface for this project.
1. Bend each half pipe cleaner into a "V" shape and attach one to each cross bar section of the form on the outside row of wires, by twisting from back to front, leaving "arms" open.
2. Once you complete attaching these to the cross bars, attach the remaining pipe cleaners the same way to the inside wire between each cross bar.
3. Now gather the end of your mesh ribbon, pinch together and attach it using one of the inside rows of pipe cleaners. Poke the raw end toward the back of the wreath to hide it.
4. After your initial point of attachment, gather another section of the mesh a little further down, scrunch it for a poof effect, pinch and attach at the next inside-row pipe cleaner. For a full wreath, you want to make sure you don't pull the mesh tight and leave plenty of poof between attachments. Continue around the form in this fashion, attaching the mesh to each inside pipe cleaner.
5. Once you complete the inside circle, keep going (don't trim mesh yet) along the outer-edge circle and work your way back around to fill in the outside of the wreath.
6. After completing the outer circle, you may still have a little mesh left on the roll. You can either trim it and keep it for later, or wrap the remaining mesh around the wreath from the outside to the inside of the circle to fill in any open spots or areas where wire form shows. Trim if necessary and poke the end edge to the back of the wreath. Use your hands to pull and shape your poofs into place as you wish.
Optional: The finished wreath is pretty as is or you can decorate it as desired with ribbon, tulle and other embellishments.