Fun Crafts: Make a Springtime Basket
Make a springtime basket that looks eggscellent!
Materials and Supplies:
- Recycled cardboard egg cartons
- Spray paint
- Wire (electrical works great)
- Ribbon pieces
- Paper grass
- Tacky glue
- Hole puncher
- Cut the lid and side piece from the egg carton and spray paint it. Two coats will make it brighter and shinier.
- Cut a 24-inch piece of wire. Add buttons to the wire every 2 inches or so by threading the wire through the holes and twisting it around.
- Punch a hole in each end of the carton and thread your wire ends through, twisting them to secure a handle.
- Tie 6-inch pieces of ribbon onto the handle into double knots. You can double a few sections up to create a thicker and fuller look.
- Eggcellent! Add paper grass in each hole if you like that addition. If you want it to stay secure, put a little tacky glue in each hole first, then let it dry for a few hours before using the basket.
Provided by North Carolina artist Laura Kelly, creator of Laura Kelly Designs. Find more of her crafts at laurakellydesigns.com/cms/Videos.php.