Frozen Hairstyles: Make Elsa's Icy Braid and Tiana's Bun
Got a Disney's Frozen movie fan in your home? Get expert advice on creating Elsa's Icy Braid and Tiana's Bun with these instructions from two new Disney Books: "Disney Frozen Hairstyles: Inspired by Anna and Elsa" and "Disney Princess Hairstyles: 40 Amazing Princess Hairstyles."
Learn how to create Elsa's Icy Braid by following the simple instructions and photos in the new book, "Disney Frozen Hairstyles: Inspired by Anna and Elsa." (Edda USA/$12.95/Copyright 2014 Disney Enterprises, Inc.)
Elsa's Icy Braid
1. Curl the hair with medium-sized curling tongs. It's best to start at the bottom and work your way to the top.
2. Lightly backcomb the hair at the top by the root.
3. Take hold of three fairly large locks of hair from the sides and start making a French braid (see the Braidschool, p. 5).
4. Add fairly large locks to the braid and keep it quite loose.
5. Continue making the braid down the length of the hair.
6. Pull the ends of the braid. It works well to hold onto the end of the braid with one hand while pulling its ends with the other hand.
7. Put a small elastic band at the end.
Learn more about how to create Tiana's Bun by following the simple instructions and photos in the new book, "Disney Princess Hairstyles: 40 Amazing Princess Hairstyles With Step by Step Images." (Edda USA/$12.95/Copyright 2014 Disney Enterprises, Inc.)
1. Put all the hair up in a high ponytail.
2. Put a hair doughnut around the ponytail and pin it down loosely.
3. Distribute the hair from the ponytail evenly over the doughnut and pin the hair against the doughnut. It works well to fold the hair into the doughnut to conceal the ends.
4. Pin the hair securely all the way around.
Want to try some of the 26 other Anna or Elsa hairstyles in Disney's "Frozen Hairstyles: Inspired by Anna and Elsa" book?
Comment below on your favorite "Frozen" scene for a chance to win the book. We'll announce a randomly chosen winner Friday at noon. If you'd prefer not to comment via the Facebook app below, please email your comment to firstname.lastname@example.org to enter.
This contest has ended.
One comment per email address is accepted. In order to be considered for the giveaway, commenters must provide their email address. Email addresses will not be published online and are kept confidential. Disclaimer: Please note, by entering this contest you are agreeing to receive periodic email correspondence from Carolina Parent, from which you can unsubscribe at any time and to have your name and city published on CarolinaParent.com and/or in Carolina Parent magazine.