Free, Fall Outdoor Concerts in the Triangle
Discover these three venues where you can sit back and enjoy free outdoor concerts and the cooler temperatures of fall
Fall has begun, ushering in cool breezes, low humidity and clear skies on many days and evenings, a perfect combination for outdoor concerts. Although summer is typically the season for live outdoor music, you can still find free outdoor concerts through October here in the Triangle when our weather is usually nice. Check out these three venues for fall concerts in a variety of genres from rock to bluegrass.
1. Fridays on the Front Porch at The Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill
Fridays on the Front Porch, a popular end-of-the-work-week celebration in Chapel Hill, kicks off the weekend of Sept. 27 on select Fridays, 5-8 p.m. Sip on crafted cocktails and listen to live music while enjoying food from food trucks. No cover charge or reservations required. Free parking. Here's the line-up:
- Sept. 27 – Lee Gildersleeve and the Bad Dogs, food truck fare from Bulkogi and Pie Pushers.
- Oct. 4 – Groovynators, food truck fare from The Humble Pig and Hibachi Xpress.
- Oct. 11 – Big Fat Gap, food truck fare from Poblanos Tacos.
2. Friday Night Tributes at North Hills in Raleigh
Friday Night Tributes is a feel good music series highlighting music you know and love. The series appeals to young and old alike, paying homage to throwback music genres starting in the '60s to current day band favorites. The block party style set up at Coastal Credit Union Midtown Park, located in the Park District of North Hills, is an ideal place for friends, family, and co-workers to gather in celebration of the weekend to come. You’ll find food trucks, cocktails and a kid-friendly atmosphere. Live music fills the air from 5:30-9 p.m. on Friday nights in the fall. Doors open at 5 p.m. with opening acts running from 5:30-6:30 p.m. and headliners playing from 7-9 p.m. See below for the full line-up.
- August 23 – Crucial Fiya
- August 30 – Beggars Banquet
- September 6 – Machine Gun Band
- September 13 – ZoSo
- September 20 – 20Ride
- September 27 – The Breakfast Club
- October 4 – Prince Tribute
- October 11 – Sleeping Booty
3. Sundays in Hillsborough
Every Sunday, Aug. 25-Oct. 27, enjoy Sundays in Hillsborough, a free concert series on the Courthouse Lawn, at the corner of King and Churton Streets. The concerts take place 1-4 p.m.
Here’s the band schedule:
- August 25: Alone Again Or
- September 1: Adam Decker Trio
- September 8: She Bob
- September 15: Hilacasters
- September 22: Mason Lovette Acoustic
- September 29: Tea Cup Gin
- October 6: Hot Rooster
- October 13: Hwy 50
- October 20: Jazztones
- October 27: Shoaldiggers
Also, enjoy shopping at local merchants, and extras like hay rides on certain dates.