First Fruits Farm Memorial Day Balloon Festival Arriving Memorial Day Weekend
Check out this fun Memorial Day balloon festival less than an hour away.
The unofficial beginning of summer – Memorial Day Weekend – is upon us, and there is a new and really exciting family event scheduled at First Fruits Farm in Louisburg, NC. Less than an hour’s drive from Raleigh, the First Fruits Farm Memorial Balloon Festival runs from May 28-31.
Families will enjoy seeing hot air balloons, a nightly fireworks show, the Bandit Flight Team vintage aircraft demo, an all-veteran parachute team, a dog tricks show and so much more. Tickets are available online and at the gate. Adults pay $10 per day and kids 6-12 are $5 per day. Kids under 6 get free admission. Check out VIP packages if you’d like an upgraded parking space and attendance perks.
Sunday kicks off with the Veteran Suicide Awareness and Prevention Walk, a 5K benefitting Operation Fly Our Flag. Participants pay $25 (adults) or $15 (kids 6-12) to walk and get free festival admission for the day.
Kids of all ages will have so much to do. The mid-way features rides, an arts and crafts market, axe throwing, gem mining, helicopters to explore and so much more. More than ten food vendors will be on site as well as beer from veteran-owned breweries.
Keep this important information in mind:
- Buying tickets online is always a safer bet.
- Parking costs $10 per vehicle and is cash-only.
- The site does not permit pets except for service animals.
- The site does not permit outside food or drinks.
- Weather or other unforeseen conditions may prohibit balloons from flying.
- The event is rain or shine.
- The site does not permit drones.
- Many areas are cash-only, and the farm’s ATMs may have long lines.
- Lastly, this is a rural location, so wireless coverage may be unpredictable.
Plan ahead for everyone’s comfort and safety by bringing sunscreen, bug spray and a blanket or umbrella chairs. Wear comfortable shoes, and remember you’ll be on a real, working farm. The terrain you walk, drive and park on will have bumps and divots.
The event website lists more detailed information about the schedule, what you’re allowed to bring in and other rules to keep in mind.