Easy Kids Craft: Thanksgiving Turkey Decoration
This turkey makes a colorful, festive decoration for Thanksgiving.
You can use it as a napkin holder at your holiday table by placing napkins into the top of a tissue roll or create a “thankful” turkey by having kids write something they are thankful for on each of the feathers.
Colorful foam or construction paper
Empty toilet tissue roll
Pipe cleaner (optional)
- Wrap your toilet tissue roll in brown paper or foam.
- Decide how many feathers you want your turkey to have and cut them out of the foam or paper. Hint: I created a paper pattern and traced that onto each foam piece so the feathers would be the same size and shape.
- Glue feathers into a fan shape on the back of the toilet tissue roll and let dry.
- Make a tear-shaped red wattle and triangular orange beak. Glue on face details: wiggle eyes, beak and wattle.
- Add foam shape or pipe cleaner feet if desired by bending two 3-inch pipe cleaners into a small heart shape and inserting the long end through the tissue roll. Bend each end inside the roll to secure.