Chia Oat Pudding
Packed with fiber, protein and healthy fats, this breakfast provides you with satisfaction and energy all through the morning.
– 1 cup steel cut oats
– 1 tablespoon chia seeds
– ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 tablespoon coconut pieces (preferabbly use fresh-cut but you can also use dried coconut flakes)
– 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
– ¼ cup walnuts
– ¼ cup wild blueberries (or any berries of your choice)
– ¼ cup currants
– ¼ cup dried cranberries
– 1-2 teaspoons coconut butter (or 1 tablespoon coconut oil)
– 1-2 cup almond milk
– Honey to taste
1. Soak Oats in water overnight or for a few hours before preparing. Prepare according to package instructions. Remove from heat and let stand.
2. Soak chia seeds in almond milk overnight or for a few hours before preparing. Keep refrigerated during soaking.
3. Mix the oats and chia pudding.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
5. Add more or less of the almond milk to create your desired consistency.
6. This pudding can be enjoyed warm or cold.
Photo provided by Preeti Gundecha.
Preeti Gundecha is a busy mom, wife and health enthusiast who has learned the importance of proper health and nutrition while trying to heal from a severe illness. She is a certified wellness and lifestyle coach, and accredited through the American Association of Drugless practitioners. Learn more here.