Carolina Parent’s Biggest Hits of 2018
Our top online articles and social media posts from the last year
Another year has come to an end, so it’s time for our annual look back at our “greatest hits” of 2018 — online articles that received the most unique pageviews and social media posts that made the biggest impact on our audience. Here’s what made this year’s cut.
(Stats reported reflect accumulations up to Dec. 27, 2018.)
1. Vacation Ideas: 17 Places to See With Kids in North Carolina – 316,598 unique pageviews
2. Boy or Girl? Gender-Guessing Myths and Facts – 49,541 unique pageviews
3. Pumpkin Patches, Hayrides, Corn Mazes, Halloween and Trick-or-Treat Events – 35,118 unique pageviews
4. The New Rules for Teen Dating – 26,913 unique pageviews
5. 25 Fun Summer Things to Do With Kids for Free (or Less Than $5) – 25,713 unique pageviews
6. Cool Water Fun Places in the Triangle – 24,419 unique pageviews
7. 2018 Easter Fun: Egg Hunts, Festivals and Bunny Visits in Triangle Towns – 22,292 unique pageviews
8. 10 Free Kid-Friendly Destinations and Activities in the Triangle – 14,486 unique pageviews
9. Where to Find Apple-Picking Fun in North Carolina – 13,799 unique pageviews
10. Which Carolina Beach is Best for Your Family? – 13,009 unique pageviews
Up next, the top 10 Carolina Parent Facebook posts of 2018.
The Top 10 Carolina Parent Facebook Posts of 2018
(Measured by number of people who saw each post.)
Top 5 Original Content Posts
1. It’s strawberry season! Pick your own strawberries or purchase a freshly picked pint or two at these local farms. (11,293 people reached; 806 engagements)
2. Be sure to add this awesome family-friendly hike in the William B. Umstead State Park to your Fall Bucket List. (11,443 people reached; 1,443 engagements)
3. Between the beaches of North Carolina and South Carolina, there are about 500 miles of coastline to explore and enjoy. Here are 31 coastal towns to check out. (6,840 people reached; 486 engagements)
4. From BugFest to CenterFest and City of Oaks Pirate Fest — there’s a festival for every fanatic in September. (8,061 people reached; 887 engagements)
5. Not sure what to expect at our Summer, Track-Out and Residential Camp Fair? Watch this highlight reel from our 2017 fair and see what all the fun is all about!
(12,994 people reached; 4,798 lifetime views)
Top 5 Parenting Meme Posts
1. How old were you when you realized it’s called candy corn bc if you stack it up, it looks like corn. (114,356 people reached; 17,281 engagements)
2. NC Weekend Weather Advisory: Zero to 158 inches of snow. Starting Saturday. Or Sunday. Or Monday. Or not at all. Get books and bread now before the snowpocalypse or a beautiful weekend. (86,902 people reached; 10,778 reactions, comments and shares)
3. I will not eat my hurricane snacks early. I will not eat my hurricane snacks early. I will not eat my hurricane snacks early. I will not eat my hurricane snacks early. (74,712 people reached; 13,379 engagements)
4. If you name a hurricane after an old lady, of course she’s going to go 2 miles an hour with her left blinker on. (31,923 people reached; 4,760 engagements)
5. It’s fall in North Carolina. You know what that means! Nothing. (32,408 people reached; 3,871 engagements)
Up next, the top 10 Carolina Parent Twitter posts of 2018.
The Top 10 Carolina Parent Twitter Posts of 2018
(Measured by impressions, or the total number of views of a conversation.)
1. 1 of our 3 #backtoschool prize pack features a @lauraashleyusa mini-backpack, a #Marvel @nalgene bottle, @FiskarsAmericas Color Change Scissors, @Postit products & more. Enter here for it (+ 2 other age-specific prize packs!) @danicamckellar (10,441 impressions)
2. A must-see! Here’s how to tour President George Washington’s @MountVernon estate with your family #familytravel #MountVernon (3,886 impressions)
3. 🌬🍀🌸 @TownofCary Kite Festival? Check. @RaleighStPats Parade & Festival? Check. @ncartmuseum Art in Bloom? Check. Welcome spring with these family-friendly festivals and more in March! (3,742 impressions)
4. Oh no! The @NCStateFair has delayed opening until Friday, October 12 at 10 a.m. due to the track of #HurricaneMichael. That gives you one more day to brush up on everything new at the fair this year — found in our round-up 🍗🎠🎟🎢🌽🎡🐄 (3,226 impressions)
5. Fun Things to Do in the Triangle This Weekend: Crafts, night sky explorations, foil embossing, Legos and more @ncartmuseum @naturalsciences @wcplonline (3,050 impressions)
6. Celebrate #MemorialDay Weekend at These State Natural and Cultural Sites + #Military Discounts @ncculture @ncsymphony @BennettPlace @NCmuseumhistory @NCZoo @ncartmuseum @naturalsciences (2,923 impressions)
7. Weekend fun for families: learn to play chess, learn how flour is milled at West Point on the Eno, make fabric art out of natural dyes at @ncartmuseum and observe honey bees on #nationalhoneybeeday at Prairie Ridge Ecostation (2,918 impressions)
8. The new Defy Gravity in Apex is quite the teen hangout! Logan, John, Katie and Lily from @ApexHighSchool appear to be having a blast! #defyapex (2,818 impressions)
9. Safety tips, emergency kits, pet safety and how to talk to your kids about #HurricaneFlorence #PrepareNow #Preparedness #hurricane (2,759 impressions)
10. Fun Things to Do With Kids in the Triangle This Week: Snowball Science, Storytime with Live Animals, Duct Tape Creations and More @naturalsciences @CrowderPark @DurhamCountyLib @wcplonline (2,607 impressions)
Up next, the top 10 (OK, 12 actually) Instagram posts of 2018.
The Top 12 Carolina Parent Instagram Posts of 2018
Posts are ranked by impressions.
All posts were taken from 2018 archives.