How Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Is Adapting to COVID-19 Guidelines
The chain of parks has modified operations
Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park, a fun getaway 90 minutes from Charlotte in Golden Valley, has family-friendly activities to entertain kids in the not-too-wild wilderness. As we emerge from months of stay-at-home orders and homeschooling, it’s a great place to shake off some cabin fever. But in the summer of COVID-19, the park has modified some of its operations. Here’s what parents need to know about the upcoming season.
The following activities are open:
- Lake activities (boating, swimming, and fishing)
- Scavenger hunts and arts and crafts are available for take-out from the Arts and Crafts Building.
- Gaga ball is open to guests within the same family or who reside together and bring their own equipment.
- As of May 22, the water zone and swimming pool are open, but guests must sign up for swim times at the Ranger Station.
- Gem mining is open but limited to three people at one time.
- Basketball, pickleball, tennis, and volleyball are open to guests who bring their own equipment.
- LAZER Tag, giant chess, and jumping pillow and pad are open with social distancing guidelines.
- Creekside Café and Blue Ridge Tavern are open for take-out only.
Social distancing efforts:
- The Ranger Station, which serves as the park gift shop and store, only permits entry to 10 guests at a time.
- A maximum of 10 guests may occupy one camping site at a time.
- The playground is currently closed.
- The park has stepped up cleaning efforts and regularly disinfects light switches, door handles, pens, tables, chairs, and pool areas.
- Guests are encouraged to clean and disinfect frequently used items, avoid touching faces, thoroughly wash hands, and remain home if ill.
Planning your visit:
- Day passes are not currently available.
- Visit the website for details on modifying reservations, refunds, and cancelations.
- Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park in Golden Valley regularly updates the website with current COVID-19 information as it relates to the park and its campers.
- Find out more information, including deals and promotional codes, at the Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park website.
Pack hygiene items like gloves and hand sanitizer, and provisions for the trip to avoid additional shopping trips after you arrive.