8 Fun Things to Do With Kids This Weekend
Explore your family's options for family fun this weekend, from baseball games and fireworks to live theater, movies under the stars and events that ready your child for school. You can also catch deals when you dine out.
1. Watch the Durham Bulls play at Durham Bulls Athletic Park and stay for post-game fireworks shows on Friday, Aug. 19 and Saturday, Aug. 20. Learn more.
Photo courtesy of Durham Bulls Baseball Club
2. Head out to enjoy Third Friday fun in Durham that includes visits to art galleries, live music and other performances. Maps are available at the Arts Council and at each participating location. Learn more.
3.Take your rising kindergartner to downtown Raleigh for Marbles Kids Museum’s free “Kickoff to Kindergarten” event Saturday, Aug. 20, for a fun introduction to school. “Learn more about the Kickoff to Kindergarten.”
Photo courtesy of Marbles Kids Museum
5. Escape to the theater with your kids to see shows that include Paperhand Puppet Intervention's “The Beautiful Beast” at Forest Theatre in Chapel Hill and “Newsies” at Durham Performing Arts Center.
Photo courtesy of Paperhand Puppet Intervention
6. Browse and shop the works of young entrepreneurs at the Triangle Children’s Business Fair Aug. 20 at Park West Village in Morrisville. Admission is free. Learn more at trianglecbf.com.
7. Watch a movie under the stars with your child. Browse our roundup of Triangle summer movie deals to find a show near you.
8. Dine and save during "Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week" Aug. 15-21. Learn more about savings on lunches and three-course prix fixe dinners.
Photo of Chicken Calabrese from Manhattan Cafe courtesy of Flyboy Aerial Photography