Tax-Free Weekend Offers Back-to-School Savings
Date: July 31, 2012
Shopping back-to-school sales? Your best bet for savings is coming this weekend during the August sales tax holiday, better known to parents as "tax-free" weekend. Tax-free shopping kicks off between 12:01 a.m. Friday, Aug. 3, and runs until 11:59 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 5.
You won't have to pay taxes this weekend on the following:
- clothing, footwear, and school supplies of $100 or less per item
- school instructional materials of $300 or less per item
- sports and recreation equipment of $50 or less per item
- computers of $3,500 or less per item
- computer supplies of $250 or less per item
For an official list of what's tax free, visit the North Caroline Department of Revenue site.
Ease the transition from summer to school
Visit Our Back-to-School Guide to the Triangle to find fun events, tips and news on Triangle schools.
- See how you could win books, products and apps that help you get organized!
- Discover a free playful event designed to ready your child for kindergarten.
- Learn about new curriculum changes, the Common Core State and National Standards, in three Triangle school districts.
Add your comment:
Add your own comment using the guest form below , or login / sign-up to comment using a carolinaparent.com user account and subscribe to email updates for additional comments to this post.