A.C. Moore Debuts Free Summer Crafts for Kids
Date: June 19, 2012
You know the dilemma. It's summer. It's too hot to play outdoors, and your kids are at home bored and about to get cranky. (So are you.) On Wednesdays, A.C. Moore, the arts and crafts store, is offering parents a free creative antidote to summer boredom: Free craft projects for kids ages 4 and up.
The crafts will be offered Wednesdays at Triangle-area A.C. Moore stores June 27 through Aug. 15 (except for July 4) from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. On June 27, kids will be engaged in a worthwhile community service project; making personalized cards for U.S. military veterans and active troops receiving treatment at V.A. hospitals. In the weeks that follow, you'll also find a range of projects, from cookie decorating and bracelet making to creating Olympic Medals. Best of all, no reservations are necessary. Your kids can just pop into the store, make an age-appropriate craft and take it home for free, while supplies last. Here's a look at the planned activities for summer 2012:
- Wednesday, June 27: Make personalized cards for U.S. military veterans and active troops receiving treatment at V.A. hospitals.
- Wednesday, July 4: No event due to the Holiday.
- Wednesday, July 11: Make-your-own Nicole™ Crafts Visor with Creative Hands® foam stickers and markers
- Wednesday, July 18: Wilton® Cookie DecoratingWednesday, July 25: Duck® Tape Olympic Medal
- Wednesday, Aug. 1: Frame Decorated with Melissa & Doug® stickers
- Wednesday, Aug. 8: Cool Bracelet Making with Sticky Mosaics® Bling, Bracelets
- Wednesday, Aug, 15: Trick out your Pencil Box for Back-To-School with Nicole™ Crafts Pencil Box "Masked!" with Elmer's Decorative Tape
You'll find more free cool fun, from free concerts and inexpensive movies to nature programs and story times, in our Daily Calendar, Things to Do page and Summer Fun Guide!