About Carolina Parent
For more than 25+ years, Carolina Parent has helped generations of parents raise their children. We are known as the most trusted resource in the Triangle, and we take this responsibility seriously. Founded in 1988, Carolina Parent has persisted in fulfilling our mission of providing the highest standard of parenting information and advice.
- Find copies of our monthly magazine at places they frequent: libraries, grocery stores, public and private schools, preschools, day care centers, medical offices, hospitals, retail locations and other family-friendly sites.
- Find copies of our annual publications throughout the Triangle as well. These include Baby & Toddler, GPS (Go. Play. See.), Education Guide and Exceptional Child (for families with special-needs children).
- Attend annual special events we host such as our Camp & Education Fair and Women@Work Breakfast.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Carolina Parent magazine distributes 40,000 copies and covers Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary and other cities in the Triangle area.
- Charlotte Parent magazine distributes 40,000 and covers Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Iredell, Lincoln, Union and York counties.
- Piedmont Parent magazine distributes 30,000 and covers Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point in the Triad.
WANT TO JOIN OUR AWARD-WINNING TEAM?
Job Openings — Join the Carolina Parent family
MEDIA CONSULTANT: SALES
Want to be part of the Carolina Parent team? We're looking for an energetic individual for a full time sales position within our growing media company. The ideal candidate is passionate about our magazine, familiar with the Triangle and has proven sales experience. You'll enjoy a flexible schedule and being part of a dedicated and creative team. Interested? Email Brenda at email@example.com with your resume.
ASSISTANT ART DIRECTOR
Seeking an Assistant Art Director to join our talented production team and publication family that includes Carolina Parent, Piedmont Parent and Charlotte Parent. The Assistant Art Director works closely with the Art Director on a daily basis to create digital and print products with a consistent brand. We are looking for a can-do attitude with a hunger to learn and expand skill sets.
• Collaborate with editorial, publishers and the art director to establish a vision for designs and/or products.
• Create designs based on established templates and market branding.
• Produce products and various materials for a variety of media types, including but not limited to print, digital and mobile apps.
• Must be self-directed with a minimal need for guidance. Capable of independently designing for various medias to suit market needs.
• Design driven, productive problem solver, and supportive of all departments in this team-driven environment.
• Proficient in print and web design standards as well as modern trends and design.
• Able to create artwork at a fast pace and within tight deadlines.
• Expert in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite software (InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop, Illustrator. Dreamweaver experience preferred).
• Associate degree in graphic or web design, or equivalent work experience.
• A passion for typography and design.
• Interactive design or web development experience.
• Minimum 2-3 years experience in the design/web field. Magazine design experience a plus.
• Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
• Must be flexible and comfortable in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
Position may be located in either our Charlotte office or our Durham office.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Assistant Art Director in subject line.
5716 Fayetteville Rd., Suite 201
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: 919-956-2430 Fax: 919-956-2427
Morris Media Network/Morris Visitor Publications
725 Broad St.
Augusta, GA 30901
Business inquiries: 1-800-680-4035