Tips for Pregnant and New Moms
If you’re pregnant or contemplating pregnancy, here are some suggestions from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for maintaining a healthy pregnancy:
- Visit the CDC’s pregnancy and reproductive health pages for information on how to have a healthy pregnancy.
- Download the CDC’s free Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders mobile app, which offers information about how consuming alcohol may affect your pregnancy.
- Check out Text4baby, a free text messaging service for pregnant women and new moms.
- Take the folic acid quiz to learn how consuming folic acid before and during pregnancy helps prevent birth defects.
- Send a CDC Health-e-Card to let others know about health issues that can affect pregnant women and new moms, their children and women in general.
For more information, visit cdc.gov/family/minutes/tips/pregnancytools/index.htm.