H2OBX Waterpark Opens in the Outer Banks
If you're headed to the Outer Banks, you may want to add this to your vacation bucket list.
H2OBX Waterpark welcomes has something for all ages, from the youngest tykes to the thrill-seeking teen.
If you are headed to the Outer Banks for vacation, there's a new attraction you may want to add to your list of things to do. H2OBX Waterpark opens June 22 in Powells Point, North Carolina, just 3 miles from the Wright Memorial Bridge near Kill Devil Hills in the Outer Banks.
The sprawling waterpark covers 20 acres and is designed and themed to embrace the culture of the Outer Banks, including tributes to legendary pirates like Blackbeard and the Wright Brothers.
The slides offer varying degrees of thrills, lengths, drops, turns and intensity. Twin Tides Wave Pool delivers an ocean-simulated current, tide and waves that guests love, but unlike traditional wave pools, it features "dual beachfront” entrance points on opposite ends.
Deep Six Adventure Lagoon is a revolutionary attraction, featuring climb, crawl and balance soft mat obstacles and swim zones.
Calico Jack’s Cove offers an immersive, multilevel, pirate-themed play structure with waterslides and interactive water effects. Several fusion waterslides boast special effects, including aqualucent lighting to increase the thrill factor.
The waterpark has 50 private cabanas with shaded seating areas, and multiple food and beverage outlets deliver variety and quality, from snacks to gourmet. Height restrictions for slides are 36, 42 and 48 inches, and you can find more information about that on the H2OBX website. There also plenty of slides for younger kids not quite ready (or tall enough) to take on the larger slides.
Other key attractions at H2OBX:
- Twin Tides Family Wave Beach — The only dual beach entry wave pool on the East Coast – only at H2OBX!
- Deep Six Adventure Lagoon — The OBX challenge is on at this one-of-a-kind spot for endless aquatic fun!
- Teach’s Tides Adventure River — Kick back and enjoy more than 1,000 feet of resort-style relaxation on this "lazy river."
- FlowRider® — Catch the best surf in the Carolinas on the innovative Flowrider.
- Rogue Wave — Face the Atlantic’s biggest, baddest Rogue wave in your raft vessel, and live to tell the tale!
- Queen Anne’s Revenge — Take the ride of your life on the most legendary ship of them all!
- Wild Horse Run — Approaching real-life Outer Banks mustangs isn’t wise or allowed. Instead, get the feel of the experience at H2OBX on this twisting and turning waterslide.
- Storm Chaser — Brave a fearsome Carolina squall at H2OBX.
- RipTide — Warning! The red flags are out for this Zero-G Slide.
- The Plank — Excitement, nerves and suspense as you walk the pirate ship’s plank before taking the plunge.
- Paradise Plunge — Go all in on the Outer Banks with this nine-story free-fall slide.
- Midnight Marauder — This seven-story slide brings a daring coastal exploit to life.
- Dune Runner — Step into a thrilling Outer Banks story as you brave the Dune Runner
Daily admission ranges in price from $44.99-$49.99. Discounts for active and retired military are available, and children age 2 and younger are admitted free.