Crafts for Kids: DIY Fairy Garden Jar
A Fairy Garden Jar makes the perfect magical gift for the fairy-lover in your life.
A Fairy Garden Jar makes the perfect magical gift for the fairy-lover in your life. Using Sculpey clay, create a little mushroom house and tiny flowers and bake in the oven according to package directions. Pick out a few charming accessories at the craft store to make the jar so fairies won’t be able to resist making the garden their new home.
You will need:
- A glass jar
- Sculpey Bake Shop Clay in a variety of colors
- Colored straw or grass
- Colored marbles or stones
- To make the mushroom house, hand-form the top and bottom pieces with the colored clay of your choice, making sure the bottom is strong enough to hold the top.
- Top with double-layered polka dots. You can also make tiny flowers out of the clay to add to the garden.
- Add a miniature door to the front of the mushroom house.
- Put the mushroom house and flowers in the oven and bake them according to the directions.
- Place the colored glass along the bottom of the jar, along with other decorations of your choice. Once the house and flowers are out of the oven and cooled, place them in the bottom of the jar along with the flowers.
Photos courtesy of Laura Kelly of Laura Kelly Designs