Volunteer With Your Family in the Triangle
Finding the right opportunity
Family time spent giving back creates warm memories and rich experiences with a bonus of benefits such as greater self-confidence and closer connections with community. Online resources like VolunteerMatch.com recommend assessing skills, interests and schedules when considering volunteer opportunities.
With kids in mind, these service areas are good places to start to find a great fit for your family:
* Animal shelters like Second Chance Animal Shelter in Raleigh (www.secondchancenc.org)
* Services for seniors like Meals on Wheels of Durham (www.mowdurham.org)
* Food banks like the Triangle's Interfaith Food Shuttle (www.foodshuttle.org)
* Services for the homeless like the Raleigh Rescue Mission (www.raleighrescue.org)
* Efforts for active duty military like Operation Gratitude (www.opgratitude.com)
* Family-friendly fundraising activities like Cary's Reindeer Romp 5K (www.gotrtriangle.com)
* Support for families in need, like Chapel Hill's Ronald McDonald House (www.rmh-chapelhill.org)
ME3, which stands for Motivate, Educate, Empower and Engage (www.me-3.org), also provides links and information about volunteer opportunities in Wake County.