Summer Camps Fair for Kids With Special Needs Feb. 18
Photo courtesy of Rawpixel.com/Shutterstock
Seeking the right camp for your child with special needs? Camp fairs are great places to learn about the many options available. Watts St. Baptist Church at 800 Watts St. in Durham will host a Summer Camps and Programs Fair for families of children with special needs 4-7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 18.
Sponsored by The Autism Society of North Carolina's Durham County Chapter, the fair will feature more than 20 camps and programs. During the event, scholarships valued at $50 will be given away to be used toward camps of the winners’ choosing. You don’t need to register for the fair. Refreshments will be served, but there will be no child care at the fair.
For more information contact Beth Hutson at 919-560-5600, ext. 243 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camps to be represented at the fair include:
- Acting is Awesome ASNC Camp Royall NC Therapeutic Riding Center
- Camp Shelanu Durham Parks and Recreation Camp Lakey Gap
- Child Care Services Association Developmental Therapy Associates
- Reality Ministries Walltown Children’s Theater Victory Junction
- Emerge: A Child’s Place Alliance of Disability Advocates Embrace Sensation Nation The Arc of The Triangle
Special Needs Resources
Browse Carolinaparent.com's special needs page to find more resources for your exceptional child.