Sock Snowman Makes Fun Craft For Kids
When it's too cold to play outside, bring a little fun indoors with this craft for kids. This cute snowman also makes a great gift for a friend.
1 white crew or tube sock
2 colorful patterned ankle socks
Buttons, sequins or wiggly eyes
White craft glue or hot glue gun
Orange fun foam
- For this craft, you’ll only need the tube part of the white sock, so cut the foot part off and discard it.
- Turn the tube part of your sock inside out and tightly wrap a rubber band around the bottom. Then turn the sock inside out again so the rubber band is on the inside.
- Fill the sock with rice, making sure to push the rice down as you go. This will stretch the sock so you have a plumper snowman when you’re finished. Then, close the top by tightly wrapping another rubber band around the top.
- For the first ankle sock, cut off the toe and heel. For the second short sock, cut off the heel only.
- To make the snowman’s sweater, take the sock without a toe and heel and stretch it over your rice-filled sock. Then, pushing the rice down to make a solid base, secure a rubber band around the bottom of the sweater. (You can also tie a piece of ribbon around it.) Next, do the same thing with the top of the sweater to help form a middle section for your snowman. Make the hat by stretching the other sock (that still has a toe) onto the top of the snowman. (Try tying it on with ribbon at the top to help make it look more like a hat and less like a sock.)
- Next, add trimmings. For the snowman’s eyes, glue on wiggly eyes, sequins or buttons. Then trim a small triangle out of the orange fun foam for your snowman’s nose. You can add button trim to the snowman’s sweater if you’d like.