LEGO® KidsFest Comes to the Charlotte Convention Center Feb. 19–21
Photo courtesy of Shutterstock.com
The LEGO KidsFest national tour stops at the Charlotte Convention Center Feb. 19-21, 2016, for the very first time, bringing all of the creative hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO building and experiences together in this 3-acre activity- and entertainment-packed family event. LEGO KidsFest is for children of all ages and builders of all skills and interests.
- LEGO Model Museum: Life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
- LEGO Master Builders: Live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play
- Race Ramps: Build a custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
- LEGO Star Wars™: Build and display a Star Wars model
- LEGO Disney™ Princess: Create a princess scene to add to a LEGO story book
- LEGO Super Heroes: Pose with a life-sized Spiderman model and more
- LEGO DUPLO®: Younger visitors can explore imagination through building
- LEGO Retail: Purchase LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
- LEGO Friends: Build for the five empowered friends from Heartlake City
- LEGO Ninjago: Spin the way to being a Spinjitzu member
- LEGO Mindstorms: Build and program robots and snakes
- LEGO Technic: Get hands-on with the cool, realistic vehicles at the booth
- Creation Nation: Build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
- Brick Pile: A gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
- Monochromatic Builds: Bricks of a single color foster group creativity
“Our 2016 LEGO KidsFest tour is going to delight both new and returning audiences,” says Vince Rubino, events manager for LEGO Systems, Inc. “We’ve still got some favorites on the show floor, like the Big Brick Pile, Creation Nation and the Race Ramps. There are also many new and unique activities designed for building, learning and fun.”
Five sessions — all identical and 4½ half hours in length — are held at each tour stop.
Purchase LEGO KidsFest tickets at LEGOkidsfest.com. Tickets are $19 for the Friday and Sunday afternoon sessions, and $22 for both sessions on Saturday and the Sunday morning session.
On tour since 2009, previous LEGO KidsFest tour stops have included major cities such as Chicago, Boston, Dallas, Atlanta, San Jose, Cleveland, Richmond, Phoenix, Portland and more.
Stay tuned to Carolina Parent's contest page for a chance to win tickets to this exciting event!