Keeping Hearts Healthy
While many men are concerned about their risk of heart disease and heart attack, women are sometimes unaware of their own risks in this area.
Here are some statistics from the American Heart Association about heart disease in women:
• Heart disease causes one in three women's deaths each year, killing one woman approximately every minute.
• Nearly 43 million women in the U.S. are affected by heart disease.
• Ninety percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
• Since 1984, more women than men have died from heart disease each year.
• The symptoms of heart disease in women can be different than those in men.
Learn more at goredforwomen.org.