Health and Safety Tips for Parties
Expert tips to keep party guests healthy and happy.
Having a birthday party for your child? Here are a few tips from Allstate Insurance to help ensure it is a safe and healthy experience for all:
- Be mindful of food allergies. Avoid serving foods that can be highly allergenic, such as peanuts. Provide choices so that kids with food intolerances, such as gluten or lactose, will have something to eat.
- If you plan to grill, be sure to have enough adults available to keep kids away from the cooking area. Have a fire extinguisher on hand.
- Be extra careful with balloons and small party favors, which could present choking hazards.
- If you plan to go to a petting zoo or have animals brought to your home, be sure there is adequate supervision of the animals. To avoid possible bites from the animals, don’t let children feed them. Children should wash their hands thoroughly after petting the animals.
- If hosting a pool party, it’s a good idea to get written permission from the other parents to allow their child(ren) to swim. A safe ratio for a pool party is two adults for every one child.
For more party safety tips, go to blog.allstate.com/ten-safety-tips-for-your-childs-next-birthday-party.