Craft a Valentine’s Day Chandelier
This Valentine’s Day Chandelier makes a great gift for someone special.
12- or 14-inch embroidery hoop
12 or more small heart shapes (made from paper, craft foam, stickers, etc.)
Coordinating ribbon, lace or tulle
2 pipe cleaners
1. Cross the two pipe cleaners in the center of your embroidery hoop base so they overlap in the middle of the circle, then attach them to opposite sides of the hoop. This will create a cross in the circle where you can attach your heart photo frame.
2. Tie ribbons in knots around the circle base to help cover up the ring. The closer your ribbons are, the more you will need, but the fuller the chandelier will be.
3. Cut 12 pieces of fishing line to about 12 inches in length and attach a heart shape to the end of each piece.
4. Tie each tiny heart string, equally spaced, around the hoop circle, hanging each at about the same length. Don’t worry if the hearts hang unevenly since that is part of this project’s charm. You can also add more hearts if you desire, either on separate lines, or by attaching multiple hearts down each piece of fishing line.
5. Cut a 5-inch heart from craft foam. Glue a photo to the front (and back, if desired). Attach this to center of the pipe cleaners where they cross the hoop circle and allow it to hang down further than the tiny hearts on the outside of the circle.
6. Tie two long lengths of ribbon, lace or tulle to opposite sides of the embroidery hoop to create a hanger for your chandelier.
This project can work for a variety of ages and also be adapted for a larger family by adding multiple photo hearts tied to the pipe cleaners.