For 28 years, award-winning Carolina Parent has helped generations of parents raise their children. We are known as the most trusted resource in the Triangle, and we take this responsibility seriously. Founded in 1988, Carolina Parent has persisted in fulfilling our mission of providing the highest standard of parenting information and advice.
Our readers are the parents of children ages 18 and younger who live in the Triangle. We also serve as a resource for educators, daycare providers, health care providers, retailers and real estate agents throughout the community. With a circulation of 40,000, Carolina Parent magazine has a print readership of 75,000-plus. An average of 50,000 unique visitors (and growing) visit this website each month.
Find copies of our monthly magazine at libraries, grocery stores, public and private schools, preschools, day care centers, medical offices, hospitals, retail locations and other family-friendly sites.
If you are a freelance writer, please review our writers' guidelines before making a submission.
Visit our advertising page to view our current editorial calendar and to contact a media consultant.
We are part of Morris Media Network/Morris Visitor Publications, which publishes award-winning monthly parenting magazines in each of the state's three largest metro markets.
Carolina Parent magazine distributes 35,000 copies and covers Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary and other cities in the Triangle area.
Charlotte Parent magazine distributes 35,000 and covers Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Iredell, Lincoln, Union and York counties.
Piedmont Parent magazine distributes 30,000 and covers Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point in the Triad.
Through the years, the Parenting Media Association has recognized Carolina Parent for editorial, design and digital media excellence at annual conventions held throughout the U.S. Here are some of our recent awards.
2016 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Gold Award for General Excellence for Website
- Bronze Award for General Excellence for Print Magazine
- Silver Award for Front Cover: Use of Stock Photo
- Silver Award for General Feature Writing
2015 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Silver Award for General Excellence
- Gold Award for Feature Layout
- Silver Award for Special Series
- Silver Award for Best E-Newsletter
2014 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Bronze Award for General Excellence
- Bronze Award for Overall Design in an Ancillary Publication - G.P.S. (Go. Play. See)
2013 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Gold Award for General Excellence
- Silver award for feature layout
2012 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Gold Award for Editor’s Note
- Gold Award for Feature Article
- Gold Award for Ancillary Cover Design