Since 1988, award-winning Carolina Parent has helped generations of parents raise their children. We are known as the most trusted resource in the Triangle, and we take this responsibility seriously.
Our readers are the parents of children ages 18 and younger who live in the Triangle. We also serve as a resource for educators, daycare providers, health care providers, retailers and real estate agents throughout the community. With a circulation of 35,000, Carolina Parent magazine has a print and digital readership of 91,818-plus. An average of 64,650 unique visitors (and growing) visit this website each month. (Web stats are based on year-to-date total as of May 31, 2017.)
Find copies of our monthly magazine at libraries, grocery stores, public and private schools, preschools, day care centers, medical offices, hospitals, retail locations and other family-friendly sites.
Contact members our staff.
If you are a freelance writer, please review our writers' guidelines before making a submission.
Visit our advertising page to view our current editorial calendar and to contact a media consultant.
We are part of Morris Media Network/Morris Visitor Publications, which publishes award-winning monthly parenting magazines in each of the state's three largest metro markets.
Carolina Parent magazine distributes 35,000 copies and covers Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary and other cities in the Triangle area.
Our sister magazine, Charlotte Parent, distributes 35,000 and covers Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Iredell, Lincoln, Union and York counties.
Through the years, the Parenting Media Association has recognized Carolina Parent for editorial, design and digital media excellence at annual conventions held throughout the U.S. Here are some of our recent awards.
2019 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Gold Award for Ancillary General Excellence for 2018-19 Education Guide
- Silver Award for Website General Excellence (for best website
- Bronze Award for General Excellence (for best print magazine)
- Gold Award for Cover Lines (for February and August 2018 covers)
- Gold Award for Best Use of Social Media: "#cpturns30 Social Media Campaign"
- Gold Award for Personal Essay: "It's Your Loss, Too" by Elliot Acosta
- Gold Award for Nontraditional Story Form: "30 Ways Parenting Has Changed Since 1988" by the Carolina Parent staff
- Bronze Award for Calendar of Events
- Bronze Award for Service Feature: "Make Memories, Not Messes" by Mandy Howard
- Bronze Award for General Feature Writing: "The Zero Waste Challenge" by Mick Schulte
2018 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Gold Award for Website General Excellence
- Gold Award for Nontraditional Story Form for "6 Sensory Fun Activities in the Triangle" by Adrian Wood
- Silver Award for Ancillary General Excellence for “The Triangle Go-To Guide"
- Silver Award for Ancillary Writing Feature for “DNA Sequencing: A Promising Development in Diagnosing Inherited Diseases” by Caitlin Wheeler
- Bronze Award for Calendar of Events
2017 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Gold Award for Best Calendar of Events
- Silver Award for Website General Excellence
- Silver Award for Best e-Newsletter
2016 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Gold Award for General Excellence for Website
- Bronze Award for General Excellence for Print Magazine
- Silver Award for Front Cover: Use of Stock Photo
- Silver Award for General Feature Writing
2015 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Silver Award for General Excellence
- Gold Award for Feature Layout
- Silver Award for Special Series
- Silver Award for Best E-Newsletter
2014 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Bronze Award for General Excellence
- Bronze Award for Overall Design in an Ancillary Publication - G.P.S. (Go. Play. See)
2013 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Gold Award for General Excellence
- Silver award for feature layout
2012 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Gold Award for Editor’s Note
- Gold Award for Feature Article
- Gold Award for Ancillary Cover Design