AAP Offers Airplane Travel Tips
Summer travel with children can be a delightful challenge. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers tips for traveling with children on an airplane.
1. Allow your family extra time to get through security.
2. Have children ages 12 and older wear shoes and outer layers of clothing that are easy to remove for security screening. (Children younger than 12 are not required to remove shoes or clothing.)
3. Bring strollers through airport security, then check them at the gate to simplify travel with small children.
4. Arrange to have a car seat at your destination or bring your own.
5. In order to decrease ear pain while the plane is descending, encourage your infant to nurse or suck on a bottle.
Find more tips at healthychildren.org/english/news/pages/travel-safety-tips.aspx.