9 Ideas for Fun Things to Do With Kids This Weekend
Santa visits, tree lightings, live performances and more
American Indian Heritage Celebration
Photo courtesy of North Carolina Museum of History
Celebrate the start of the holiday season with weekend event that Santa visits, tree lightings, live performances and craft fairs in and around the Triangle.
1. Enjoy the free American Indian Heritage Celebration Saturday, Nov. 21, at the N.C. Museum of History in Raleigh.
2. Ring in the holiday season at the WRAL Raleigh Christmas Parade on Saturday, Nov. 21.
3. Celebrate the opening of the seasonal Ipreo Ice Rink in downtown Raleigh. This natural ice outdoor skating rink opens immediately following the WRAL Christmas Parade on Nov. 21 and is open until Jan. 30.
4. Drop by an area mall with your kids for a visit with Santa. Browse our roundup to get details on Santa visits at local malls.
6. Enjoy Christmas tree lightings and other holiday events that kick off this weekend. Check our roundup of Holiday Events to learn more about celebrations at Waverly Place in Cary and North Hills and Lafayette Village in Raleigh.
7. Catch a live performance with your family. Learn more in our roundup of November performances.
8. Plan a family outing to find your perfect Christmas tree at local cut-your-own tree farms. Check out which farms are open in our roundup.
9. Take your girls ages 12-17 to The Rise Above Tour at North Carolina State University’s McKimmon Center in Raleigh on Nov. 22, noon-5 p.m. to take stand against bullying.