This weekend offers lots of fun for Triangle families, whether you choose to escape the heat indoors or to explore nature. In the event of rain, be sure to call outdoor venues before you head out to see if events are still taking place.
1. Take your kids and friends to participate in a free collaborative community art project celebrating "Friendship Day" Sunday at Historic Yates Mill County Park in Raleigh. ...Read More
Parenting in the News
Our August issue has arrived!
When my daughter was in second grade, the girls in her class became fascinated by the television show "America's Next Top Model (ANTM)." Play dates, sleepovers and birthday parties were scheduled around the show. Hallways were converted...More
Child's birthday coming up? Here's your chance to enter to win a fun, state-of-the-art kids bowling party from Frank Theatres CineBowl & Grille, an entertainment complex that opened July 9 at 1140 Parkside Main St. in Cary's...More
This line of 3 oz. travel size Lifeguard™ Clarifying Shampoo, Lemon-Aid™ Conditioner, and CoCo Cabana™ Sun Spray cleanses, nourishes, detangles and hydrates hair after fun in the sun. Enriched with...More
In Book Four, Avatar Korra is now broken and bruised and begins a journey of self-discovery and survival in a new world where the strong prey upon the weak. When...More
Track-Out Help, Volunteer Opportunities, Family Meal Deals
Find a camp that matches your child's interests in our Track-Out Programs Directory.
Browse volunteer and community service opportunities for Triangle families, teens and older youth.
Discover where kids eat free or for 99 cents at Triangle-area restaurants.
- AAP Opposes In-School Drug Testing Due to Lack of Evidence
- August 2015 Museum Exhibits in Raleigh and Chapel Hill
- August 2015 Stage Performances in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill
- August in the Triangle: 3 Fun Family Events
- Brain Training Aims to Help Kids With Learning Challenges
- Craft an Easy Chair Pocket
- Empty Nester? Forge a New Path to Happiness
TIP OF THE WEEK
Interested in volunteering in the Triangle?